Summer is a joyful + bright time of year that encourages more playtime, socializing, travel, and freedom. But with the longer days and hotter sun can come the potential to overdo, over-schedule, overheat, and deplete ourselves of our energy + radiance.
This integrative workshop will draw upon the practices of yoga and it’s sister art, Ayurveda. Referred to as “the science of life”, Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that emphasizes the mind-body connection, and aims to restore balance to the mind and body through holistic dietary and lifestyle practices. One of the fundamental principles of Ayurveda is that our habits, routines, and dietary choices should ebb and flow with the seasons, and this is especially true during the intense, fiery summer season.
Join nutritionist + yoga teacher Kate McCabe as we luxuriate in cooling practices and discuss ways to bring more balance, harmony, and health to our bodies and minds this summer season. Workshop includes:
- Overview of basic Ayurvedic principles
- Easy-to-apply dietary + lifestyle practices for a healthy and balanced mind + body
- 60-minute all-levels yoga practice designed to gently flush the body of toxins and restore internal balance
- Cooling pranayama (breath work) practice
- Closing meditation and relaxation accompanied by cooling essential oils + massage
- Tea + herb infusion to enjoy post-practice
$35 if registered before 5/26, $40 thereafter | For details or to register, email email@example.com